Kevin Baldwin represents clients in a variety of matters, from maritime law to trust and estates issues. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process and has experience as a plaintiff attorney, which gives him a unique perspective on the defense of his clients. Mr. Baldwin represents corporate and insurance interests in matters involving maritime transportation. He also drafts estate planning documents, administers trusts and represents fiduciaries in conservatorship matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 2015, Mr. Baldwin was an attorney with an Oakland, California firm. He began his legal career with a litigation firm in San Francisco. During law school, Mr. Baldwin clerked at the firm of now federal district court judge for the Middle District of Louisiana, John W. deGravelles in Baton Rouge.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Mr. Baldwin was the Editor in Chief of the Tulane Maritime law Journal, a member of the John R. Brown Moot Court team, and was Co-President of the Tulane Maritime Law Society. He was a recipient of the Harry F. Stiles Endowed Scholarship for the study of maritime law.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Baldwin worked in various capacities in the software industry.
- "A Carrier by Any Other Name: Is it Time to Expand the Definition of a COGSA Carrier?" 35 Tul. Mar. L.J. 389 (2011)
- December 19, 2017Estate Planning Alert
- December 19, 2016
Kevin's interests include sailing and seamanship; hiking, backpacking and outdoor pursuits; home improvement projects; and the restoration of classic cars and trucks.
- Spaulding Wooden Boat Center, Pro bono Attorney and member of the Board of Directors, 2012-2014.
J.D., cum laude, Maritime Law Certificate, Tulane Law School, 2012
- Editor in Chief, Tulane Maritime Law Journal
B.S., Journalism and Communications, University of Oregon, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California