Jordan O'Donnell focuses his practice in consumer financial services. He has experience in all phases of the litigation process, including drafting motions and discovery, developing strategies, conducting depositions, trying cases when necessary, and analyzing settlement possibilities. Mr. O'Donnell is well-versed in the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act.
In addition, Mr. O'Donnell has experience litigating cases involving premises liability, product liability, insurance coverage and indemnification disputes, and breach of contract.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in July 2016, Mr. O'Donnell was an associate at a regional trial and business law firm headquartered in Boston. After graduating from law school, Mr. O'Donnell served as a judicial clerk in the New Jersey Office of Foreclosure, working with a chancery judge and in the administrative office of the courts on mortgage-related and other commercial litigation.
During law school, Mr. O'Donnell interned in the Appellate Division of the Union County (New Jersey) Prosecutor's Office; the Major Economic Crimes Bureau of the New York County District Attorney's Office; and the Administrative Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Mr. O'Donnell served as a staff writer for the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest in his second year of law school, and as its Managing Editor in his third year.
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Credit Card Holder has Remedies under the TILA and FCBA against Issuer due to unauthorized use of Credit Card according to Third Circuit
- Overshadowed and Contradicted: Third Circuit Rules Second Demand Letter Violated FDCPA's "Validation Notice" Requirement
- No Surrender: Massachusetts Appeals Court Preserves Foreclosure Challenges for Bankruptcy Petitioner
- Job Applicant Who Filed 562 Applications Then Alleged FCRA Violations Denied Standing by Seventh Circuit
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
- March 16, 2017
J.D., cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2011
- Managing Editor, Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest
B.A., with distinction, Journalism & Mass Communication and Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2008
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts