Jordan O'Donnell defends the interests of his clients in complex litigation, including a variety of consumer and class action matters. Focusing primarily on the consumer financial services industry, Jordan represents clients in mortgage servicing and lender litigation and provides regulatory and compliance counseling for student loan servicers. He also represents lawyers and other professionals in liability matters.
Leveraging his extensive litigation experience, Jordan partners with his clients to ensure they are informed throughout the process. He also protects their interests by analyzing settlement possibilities, and developing and implementing tailored litigation strategies.
In working with mortgage lenders and servicers, Jordan handles complex litigation involving loan origination and servicing, including allegations of wrongful foreclosure, violation of consumer protection statutes, and disputes regarding the enforcement of liens.
As for student loan servicers, he defends them in litigation and arbitration matters nationwide concerning allegations of consumer protection violations, including those involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Jordan is also well versed in numerous state consumer protection statutes, including the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act.
Jordan's background further includes handling real estate litigation and assisting both lenders and property owners in resolving title defects and title claims. He has also litigated numerous cases involving premises liability, product liability, insurance coverage and indemnification disputes, and breach of contract issues.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jordan was an associate at a regional trial and business law firm headquartered in Boston. After graduating from law school, he was a judicial clerk in the New Jersey Superior Court and Office of Foreclosure. Jordan also gained experience from a number of internships during law school including, working for the: Appellate Division of the Union County Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey; the Major Economic Crimes Bureau of the New York County District Attorney's Office; and the Administrative Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, Jordan served as a staff writer for the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest in his second year of law school, and as its Managing Editor in his third year.
- House Passes Comprehensive Debt Collection Improvement Act That Would Expand Multiple Consumer Finance Laws
- SCOTUS Decides Federal Debt is not Exempted from TCPA, While FCC Autodialer Declaration Further Alters TCPA Landscape Vaishali S. Rao, Jordan S. O'Donnell
- Federal Court Nixes Massachusetts Attorney General's Emergency Debt Collection Regulations
- Federal Court Hears Oral Argument in ACA's TRO Petition Seeking to Enjoin Massachusetts's Emergency Debt Collection Regulations
- Collection Industry Trade Group Sues Massachusetts Attorney General to Halt Emergency Regulations
- An Emerging Trend in Favor of Student Loan Discharges in Bankruptcy
- Fifth Circuit Rules For-Profit Student Loans Are Dischargeable Without Proof of "Undue Borrower Hardship"
- Congress Waters Down Dodd-Frank for Small and Regional Banks, Updates Consumer Protections Jordan S. O'Donnell, Hale Yazicioglu Lake
- Credit Card Holder has Remedies under the TILA and FCBA against Issuer due to unauthorized use of Credit Card according to Third Circuit
- Overshadowed and Contradicted: Third Circuit Rules Second Demand Letter Violated FDCPA's "Validation Notice" Requirement
- No Surrender: Massachusetts Appeals Court Preserves Foreclosure Challenges for Bankruptcy Petitioner
- Job Applicant Who Filed 562 Applications Then Alleged FCRA Violations Denied Standing by Seventh Circuit
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
- March 16, 2017
J.D., cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2011
B.A., with distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2008
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin