Jason Santos concentrates his practice in commercial litigation with a focus on consumer class actions. He has extensive experience litigating claims brought under various state and federal laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Illinois Collection Agency Act (ICAA) , the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act (ICFA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), among others. Mr. Santos represents an array of clients, including Fortune 500 financial institutions, debt collection agencies, and mortgage loan servicers.
Mr. Santos joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in October 2012. Previously he was a law clerk and a summer associate with the firm. In 2010 Mr. Santos was a law clerk with the Chicago Housing Authority.
In addition to his other law school accomplishments, which included membership on the Dean’s List, Mr. Santos was the 2010 recipient of the Philip Corboy & Mary Dempsey Endowed Scholarship, and of Hinshaw’s Diversity Scholarship at DePaul. In 2011, he received the Stonewall Award for Outstanding Graduate/Professional Student from DePaul University and the Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association Scholarship.
As a member of the DePaul University College of Law Moot Court Society’s appellate team, Mr. Santos won the Honorable William J. Bauer Moot Court Competition in 2010 and received the Best Brief Award. Mr. Santos was also President of the DePaul OUTlaws and a member of the Latino Law Student Association.
- Equality Illinois, Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association
- Lesbian & Gay Bar Association of Chicago (LAGBAC)
- December 15, 2015
- April 30, 2015
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2012
- Member, Journal for Social Justice
- Member, Moot Court Society
B.A., Psychology, Saint Louis University, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana