Jared Matheson focuses his practice in professional liability defense. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process, including drafting motions, taking and defending depositions, and the analysis of documents and exhibits involved in complex litigation.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Mr. Matheson was a sole practitioner focusing on civil litigation.
Mr. Matheson began his legal career as a fellow with a community law center where he advised low-income clients on debt issues throughout the litigation process. During law school, Mr. Matheson served as a student attorney ad litem for children's rights organization in Texas.
Mr. Matheson was Phi Beta Kappa in his undergraduate studies.
- Cholakian & Associates v. Superior Court, No. C076759, 2015 WL 1939380 (Cal. Ct. App. Apr. 29, 2015) (certified for publication)
- "Check Your Privilege," West LegalEdcenter, live webcast, June 2015.
Mr. Mathesons' publications include:
"Six Tips for Negotiating Fees," The Recorder, November 9, 2015.
"Spinning Straw Into Gold: Attempting to Hold Lawyers Liable for Uncollectible Judgments Against Their Clients," DRI's For the Defense, September 2015.
- Hinshaw Attorneys Cassidy Chivers, Jared Matheson and Susan Ye Author Article "Six Tips for Negotiating Fees"November 10, 2015The Recorder
- September 16, 2015
- April 30, 2015
Lawyers for the Profession®
Jared counts running, soccer, foreign policy and coffee among his interests.
J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2010
- Texas International Law Journal, Executive Editor
B.A., with high honors, Government and Economics, The University of Texas at Austin, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California