Jamie Kessler focuses her practice in all areas of professional liability defense, insurance coverage and employment. She regularly counsels employers on all aspects of the employment relationship from hire through termination, leave, disability and disciplinary matters. Ms. Kessler's practice also includes representing employers in litigation, including defense of claims arising under federal and state discrimination laws.
Ms. Kessler also has experience representing clients in matters involving product liability and commercial and mortgage-related litigation in both state and federal courts. She regularly assists with medical device litigation in jurisdictions throughout the country.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Ms. Kessler was a litigation associate at a smaller firm in Boston. During law school, Ms. Kessler clerked at two Boston firms gaining both defense and plaintiff experience, and was for three years a litigation associate at another Boston firm.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Kessler was a member of the Dean's List. She also served on the Moot Court Honor Board and was a co-director of appellate competitions. Ms. Kessler received the Best Oral Advocate Award and an Honorable Mention Best Legal Brief. In addition, she was a recipient of the Suffolk University Jurisprudence Award in Secured Transactions.
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Member
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by New England Super Lawyers magazine, 2016–Present
- Massachusetts Employees Need Not Wait 90 Days to File Wage Act Claim Says 1st Circuit
- Massachusetts Attorney General Provides Guidance On Equal Pay Law
- Baby Bump to Pregnant Employee Rights: Massachusetts Enacts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- Delaware Follows Trend of Banning Compensation History Inquiries in Effort to Reduce the Gender Pay Gap
- Massachusetts Passes Radical Equal Pay Law
Employment Law Observer
J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2011
- Staff member, Journal of Trial and Appellate Advocacy
B.A., Political Science and History, Gettysburg College, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts