As an insurance services attorney, Jake Cappel focuses his practice on representing clients in insurance coverage matters.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Jake clerked for the Honorable Michael T. Mullen in the Chancery Division of the Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County.
During law school, Jake served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Benita Y. Pearson in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He was also named to the Dean's List and participated in his school’s moot court program.
- "The Volcker Rule: A Reminder of the Need for Additional Remedies for Party-to-Party NAFTA Disputes," 47 Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law 377, 2015
A former college tennis player, Jake enjoys staying active by hiking and playing golf. He is also an avid fan and follower of the Cubs, Bears, and Blackhawks.
- Volunteer Mentor, Minds Matter Chicago
J.D., cum laude, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Staff, Journal of International Law
B.A., Economics, Whitman College, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois