Ibi Davis-Ossuetta focuses her practice in the area of labor and employment representing national employers, self-insured companies and insurance carriers in employment litigation. Ibi’s experience also spans transactional work, along with entertainment and ERISA matters.
Ibi’s employment experience includes handling wage and hour, retaliation, workplace injury, 132(a) discrimination, and serious and willful claims. Ibi provides advice and counsel, and manages all forms of litigation, including depositions, mediations, and trials.
Ibi has represented a variety of clients, including public and private employers, top five Fortune 500 companies, NFL teams, and MLB teams.
She has also provided counsel in the entertainment industry which consisted of negotiations of key deals with filmmakers and talent in scripted and non-scripted projects, prepared artist contracts, including actor and record deals, secured top talent for feature film development, and provided advice and counsel for public relations matter.
Ibi’s transactional experience includes negotiating and preparing franchise agreements, lease agreements, and advice and counsel for small business loan.
Prior to joining Hinshaw in 2009, Ibi gained experience with another large firm as well as a sole practitioner. She also clerked with the Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department; the Special Enforcement Unit of the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office; and also with the Licensing Section, Civil Law of the California Department of Justice Office of the Attorney General.
- California State Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- "Women in Corporate America," Orange County Links, Inc., May 2008
- Hannah's Children's Homes, Inc. pro bono legal services and assists in fundraising to send at-risk children abroad and on college tours. Tutors and mentors at-risk youth (2000–Present)
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc. (member of organization since 2018)