Gabriella Griseta is a defense litigator of personal injury and workers’ compensation matters. She ensures clients are prepared for all aspects of trial. In addition, Gabriella handles all phases of complex litigation including conducting research, drafting pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery depositions and alternative dispute resolutions. She has drafted and filed motions under multiple actionable sections of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, including Penalty Petitions and Petition for Review of Arbitration Decision.
Prior to joining Hinshaw, Gabriella was a law clerk with the firm. During law school, she gained a variety of experience clerking for multiple Chicago-based firms—including a plaintiff’s injury firm—and served as a representative on the Dean’s Advisory Council.
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Member
- Co-author "Pens v. Bolts: What accidents are made of," Workers Compensation Law, Illinois State Bar Association, Vol. 54, No. 4, March 2017
Outside of work, Gabriella enjoys reading, cooking new recipes, and spending time with her husband, Tom, and their miniature dachshund, Layla.
- Chinatown Pro Bono Legal Clinic, Volunteer
- Chicago Cares—Read-With-Me at McCormick, Volunteer
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2015
B.A., Criminal Justice, Western Michigan University, 2010