Dennis Lueck has spent nearly his entire career working with clients in the financial services industry. He has extensive experience working with the industry's leading lending, investing and loan servicing institutions. Dennis has litigated individual class and mass consumer claims arising under federal laws such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, as well as state fair lending, collection and deceptive trade practice laws.
Dennis routinely litigates with first chair responsibilities at the trial level and also has extensive appellate experience. In addition, he frequently litigates consumer arbitrations.
Dennis compliments his litigation experience with robust compliance experience. He has counseled clients on responses to requests by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Office of Comptroller Currency. He has also conducted numerous onsite audits and other related compliance examinations for loan servicers and debt collectors.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Dennis was a litigator at the Denver location of a Miami-based law firm. Prior, he was an attorney at a Philadelphia-based firm.
During law school, Dennis served as the Managing Editor of the Villanova Law Review. He was also the research assistant to Professor Anne-Bowen Poulin, a criminal law and evidence professor, and a teaching assistant to Professor Christine Mooney, a legal writing professor.
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Financial Services
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Mortgage Banking Association
Consumer Financial Services Litigation and Consumer Financial Services Compliance:
- Received significant sanction award for client in defense case where it was discovered the plaintiffs had fabricated and destroyed evidence.
- Secured summary judgment for loan servicer on issue of first impression relating to interpretation of standard form language in client's loan documents.
- Obtained appellate court reversal of order denying motion to compel arbitration with implications for many of client's standard form arbitration agreements.
- Revised client's internal form documents and procedures relating to execution of documents during foreclosure.
- Analyzed and assessed client's processes and procedures in response to inquiry from Office of Comptroller Currency
- Assisted client with response to senatorial subpoena.
- Instructor, "The Ins and Outs of Arbitration," CLE Course, Chicago, Illinois, December 11, 2019
- Hinshaw Releases Third Edition of "Student Loan Servicing Regulations: 50 State Guide on Laws and Legislation"September 4, 2019A reference guide for financial services compliance professionals
- October 17, 2017
- La Boom! Second Circuit Detonates Expanding Circuit Split over Auto-Dialer Definition Under TCPA Fernando C. Rivera-Maissonet, Dennis N. Lueck Jr.
- An Emerging Trend in Favor of Student Loan Discharges in Bankruptcy Jordan S. O'Donnell, Dennis N. Lueck Jr.
- Fifth Circuit Rules For-Profit Student Loans Are Dischargeable Without Proof of "Undue Borrower Hardship" Jordan S. O'Donnell, Dennis N. Lueck Jr.
Consumer Crossroads: Where Financial Services and Litigation Intersect
When not practicing law, Dennis is usually training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, in which he is a black belt. Dennis also enjoys snowboarding, Olympic weightlifting, traveling and experimenting in the kitchen.
J.D., magna cum laude, Villanova University School of Law, 2006
- Managing Editor, Villanova Law Review
B.S., cum laude, Sociology, University of Utah, 2003
- New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central and Northern Districts of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin