Daniel A. Trevino primarily practices in the areas of products liability and transportation litigation. He represents multi-national electronics, automobile parts, fitness equipment, chemical manufacturers and distributors in product liability and wrongful death litigation. He also represents and directs the defense of rideshare operators in litigated matters pending in multiple jurisdictions. He has successfully defended high exposure cases involving catastrophic injuries throughout his career.
Mr. Trevino has resolved cases through trial, arbitration and mediation. He has handled hundreds of depositions, including those of retained liability, medical and economic damages experts.
Mr. Trevino's victories on motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment have been affirmed by the Illinois Appellate Court in two representative cases: Sevier v. Mid-American Elevator Company, Illinois Appellate Court, 1st Dist. 2007; Docket No. 1-06-3211 and Fantasia vs. Empress Casino Joliet Corp., Illinois Appellate Court, 1st Dist. 2009; Docket No. 1-07-0958.
Mr. Trevino joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in August 1999. He currently serves as the co-chair of Hinshaw's Hispanic/Latino Affinity Network. Mr Trevino previously served as a coordinator for Hinshaw's mentorship and summer associate programs.
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (HLAI), Past–President
- President from 2015–2016
- Member of the Board of Directors 2008–2010
- Recording Secretary 2001–2004
- Chicago Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Recipient of 2015 "Top Lawyer under 40" Award
- "The Media, Diversity & Juries: Pre-Trial and Ethical Considerations in Jury Cases," Diversity Scholarship Foundation, Chicago, Illinois, October 6, 2016.
- He has presented on the "Fundamentals of Litigation Management" through the Council on Litigation Management.
Mr. Trevino is a former editor of the firm's Transportation Practice Group newsletter, Transportation Law Update. He preciously authored an article on NAFTA and its effect on the U.S. trucking industry.
Mr. Trevino lives in the Wildwood neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois with his wife and three children.
- Founding member of 'San Ignacio Society' for Latino alumni at his alma mater, St. Ignatius College Prep.
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois’ JD Mentors Kick-Off event, Annual Organizer and Mentor.
- Served as a “Principal for a Day” at Drummond School, Daniel Boone School, Edison Regional Gifted Center, Jamieson School and the Nancy B. Jefferson School through the Chicago Public Schools program of the same name.
- Presented to students at Steinmetz High School, Mather High School, St. Ignatius College Prep and West Town Academy offering educational and career encouragement.
- Serves as a volunteer coach for the Edgebrook-Sauganash Athletic Association.
- Pro bono legal affairs director for the Edgebrook Community Association.
- Served a four year term as a Commissioner of the Illinois Medical District (IMD) from July 2011 to June 2015 appointed by Rahm Emanuel, Mayor of the City of Chicago. The IMD is governed by seven Commissioners and is the largest urban healthcare, educational, research and technology district in the nation.
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1999
B.A., University of Illinois, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois