Chuck Geitner is a business litigator who represents clients in complex business and consumer disputes and also assists them in compliance matters. He is Board Certified (B.C.S.) by the Florida Bar as a Business Litigation Expert, the highest level of evaluation of competency and experience offered by the bar in this area. Only seven percent of Florida Bar members are currently board certified.
Representative clients include: auto retailers; members of the finance and insurance industries and their agencies; financial institutions; manufacturers; and web commerce companies.
Chuck has substantial experience advising motor vehicle dealerships, financial entities, and insurance brokers and their agencies in the areas of: finance disclosure; warranty and insurance sales disclosure; consumer protection law compliance; debt collection practices; and advertising and solicitation compliance under both state and federal law. He also litigates on behalf of businesses in disputes with other commercial entities and against consumer claims, and assists them in maintaining their licensure, and in handling regulatory investigations and audits.
With respect to intellectual property, Chuck litigates claims on behalf of, and defends, businesses in matters involving their copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and patents, and assists them in drafting agreements that protect such rights.
Chuck joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as a partner in May 2009. Prior to his legal career, Chuck worked for First Union National Bank (n/k/a Wells Fargo), as a branch manager and loan officer.
- The Florida Bar Consumer Protection Law Committee
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Association of Insurance Compliance Professionals
- American Bankers Association
- "Liability of Officers and Directors and Ethical Considerations for EO Practitioners," National Business Institute's Tax Exempt Organizations from Start to Finish, 2012
- "Repos, Collections & Bankruptcy: Avoiding the Legal Pitfalls that can Sink Your BHPH Portfolio," Florida Independent Automobile Dealers Association (FIADA) Convention, 2010
- "Treatment of Dealer Reserve and Rate Spread under Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act," National Association of Dealer Counsel Conference, 2005
- "Rate Spread Disclosure," Dealership Defense Initiative, 2005
- Leadership Tampa
- Chamber of Commerce, Tampa South Shore
- Stetson College of Law, Moot Court Judge
J.D., cum laude, Stetson University College of Law, 1996
- Notes and Comments Editor, Law Review
- Member, Moot Court Board
B.S., summa cum laude, Business Administration Accounting / Finance, University of Central Florida, 1990
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida