Chad D. Kasdin is an experienced trial litigator specializing in defending high profile cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death claims. Because of his renowned clients and the nature of his cases, Mr. Kasdin's cases have been followed and featured by local and national media sources.
Mr. Kasdin has successfully represented professional baseball and basketball teams, professional sporting venues and entertainment facilities, athletic training facilities, large Chicago area hospitals, a public school and board of education for a large metropolitan area, construction companies, land use groups, physicians and physician groups, corporate and individual property owners, a medical device manufacturer, professional service companies, and a national fraternity.
In 2014, Mr. Kasdin was presented with the prestigious Trial Lawyer Excellence Award for the Most Outstanding Defense Verdict of the year.
Mr. Kasdin joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in September 2000. Previously he was a two-year summer associate with the firm. He became a partner in 2006.
In addition, Mr. Kasdin serves as faculty and an instructor for Hinshaw University's trial advocacy courses.
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the 2014 Jury Verdict Reporter Award for Trial Lawyer Excellence in the category of "Outstanding Defense Verdict in a Premises Liability Case."
- Selected by his peers and named by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer Magazine as one of the top "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch," 2014
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine, 2013–2015
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of a professional baseball team where the Plaintiff suffered a severe brain injury while attending a baseball game and claimed over $6.5 million in past and future medical damages.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of large Chicago area hospital in case where the Plaintiff alleged negligent nursing care caused the Plaintiff to lose her kidney.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of a urologist where the Plaintiff alleged the urologist improperly performed a laser prostate surgery that caused incontinence.
- Successfully resolved a toxic tort claim on behalf of property owner and property management company where the Plaintiffs initially made a demand of $3.3 million.
- Authored and argued summary judgment motion which was granted by the Circuit Court of Cook County and upheld by the Appellate Court of Illinois in Mazin v. Chicago White Sox Ltd., 981 N.E.2d 535 (1st Dist. 2009).
- Successfully represented large metropolitan board of education in alleged sexual abuse case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a professional sports venue and professional baseball team where the Plaintiff was severely injured in a stadium bathroom.
- "Impulse Control: Written Communications in Litigation," Hinshaw University, March 22, 2017
- "Trial Advocacy: Session 5 - Introduction of Documentary Evidence and the Use of Courtroom Technology," Hinshaw University, March 8, 2016
- "Mock Trial Workshops: Depositions," 2015 National Sports Safety and Security Conference, Orlando, Florida, June, 2015
- "Safety Issues: Be Prepared or Pay the Price," 2014 National Sports Safety and Security Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana, July, 2014
- Was Captain of his college basketball team and also selected to the NCAA Academic All-America team.
- Volunteers as a youth football, baseball, and basketball coach for the Park District of Highland Park.
J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2000
- Member, Dean's List
B.A., cum laude, Skidmore College, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois