Bruce Bennett defends product manufacturers of all types against product liability disputes and personal injury claims. He focuses his practice primarily in the automotive and recreational vehicle industries and has substantial experience in the areas of Magnuson-Moss warranty enforcement and Florida Lemon Law. Bruce also represents power tool manufacturers, household product/chemical manufacturers, insurance companies and other corporate entities in product liability litigation.
Many major automotive/RV companies are among Bruce's clients. He represents BMW of North America, Ferrari North America, Maserati North America, Mini of North America, Porsche Cars North America, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars North America, and Tiffin Motor Homes.
Bruce has been the Partner-in-Charge of the Tampa office since he opened the office in 1994. He joined Hinshaw's Miami office in June of 1992. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Bruce was an equity partner at Kimbrell and Hamann, P.A. in Miami, Florida.
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- International Association of Lemon Law Administrators (IALLA)
Honors & Awards
- Holds the AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Recognized by Florida Trend magazine as one of Florida's "Legal Elite" in the area of product liability defense. The "Legal Elite" list represents approximately two percent of Florida's active bar members
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2017 – 2021
- Sixty-Five Hinshaw Lawyers Recognized in 2021 Editions of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchAugust 20, 2020Three Lawyers Honored as "Lawyer of the Year"
- August 15, 2019
- August 15, 2018
- August 15, 2017
Bruce is a native Floridian who has been married for 31 years and has two children.
J.D., University of Florida School of Law, 1984
B.S., with honors, University of Florida, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida