Brian Jacobson is principally involved in insurance disputes and commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Mr. Jacobson's practice is focused on advising insurers on pre-suit claim issues and litigating insurance coverage and bad faith actions ranging from simple residential policies to complex commercial general liability policies.
In addition to his insurance practice, Mr. Jacobson has experience in health care litigation, contract disputes, disability claims and professional malpractice actions.
Mr. Jacobson joined Hinshaw & Culbertson as Of Counsel in March 2015. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Jacobson ran his own practice focused on providing litigation support and appellate services to other attorneys and law firms. He has also previously worked as an associate with Ver Ploeg & Lumpkin, P.A. and Stephens Lynn Klein, P.L.
During law school, Mr. Jacobson spent a semester at the Florida Supreme Court as an intern for the Honorable Peggy A. Quince and clerked for the Honorable David M. Gersten at Florida's Third District Court of Appeal.
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Intercultural Human Rights Law Review, St. Thomas University School of Law
In addition to practicing law, Brian is a devoted father, musician, and yoga
- Regularly participates in serving dinner to homeless Miamians at the Community Partnership for the Homeless.
- Volunteered services as a board member for Children's World Montessori Academy.
- Regularly participates in the Komen Race for the Cure to raise money and awareness for breast cancer initiatives.
J.D., magna cum laude, Saint Thomas University School of Law, 2007
B.A., University of Miami, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida