The insurance industry is an important engine of economic and technological growth and an essential source of financial security, stability, and strength. This four trillion dollar industry, as measured by premiums, confronts business, regulatory, litigation, and claim challenges and opportunities on a daily basis. Insurers require and deserve sophisticated, cutting edge, creative counsel who deliver cogent advice, sophisticated representation, practical solutions and outstanding results.
Whether focusing on a particular claim, cession, transaction, or matter or considering their larger portfolio interests...whether in the claims stage, trial court, intermediate appellate court, court of last resort, or in negotiation, mediation or arbitration...whether dealing with policyholders, government regulators, consumers, or other insurers...whether selecting the particular lawyers, the insurance practice group, or the firm as a whole...leading insurers call upon the lawyers of Hinshaw to protect their interests. Insurers appreciate The Hinshaw Advantage.
World Championship Advice and Representation Provided by a Premier Team of Insurance Lawyers
Hinshaw offers a premier team of leading insurance lawyers — over 130 lawyers with significant combined legal experience. The breadth and depth of our diversified roster of lawyers is second to none when it comes to representing insurers in the full range of legal services.
- Our lawyers have an established track record of successfully representing insurers in a wide-range of insurance and reinsurance matters throughout the country and globally.
- The preeminence of our group is exemplified further by the many honors, distinctions, and recognitions received by our lawyers. For example, members of our team are ranked by Chambers USA, listed in The Best Lawyers in America, fellows of the of the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel, and listed in Who's Who Legal Insurance and Reinsurance. Many of our lawyers have been selected by peers and clients for inclusion in Leading Lawyers, Client Choice, Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, and other prominent listings and have A-V Preeminent ratings by Martindale Hubble.
|Through the experiences, expertise, talents, and skills of Hinshaw lawyers, our clients receive the advantage of sound strategy, precise execution, and outstanding results.|
A Long-Standing Tradition of Serving Insurers
Hinshaw has represented insurers in every facet of insurance law, in every domestic forum, and the global market since our founding in 1934. With this tradition of service comes an understanding of the business of insurance, a respect for the needs and expectations of insurers and the professionals employed by them, a mastery of legal precedent, and an ability to place current and future challenges into context.
|Our clients enjoy the Hinshaw advantage of tradition and perspective.|
A Contemporary and Strategic Commitment to Serve Insurers
Proving superior legal service to insurers for decades to come is a central element of Hinshaw's strategic plan. Hinshaw has acted on its strategy by attracting the leading legal talent and by providing an environment conducive to delivering top legal services. Over the past two years, for example, Hinshaw has added 50 seasoned insurance lawyers, including: a team of preeminent insurance coverage, reinsurance, and extra-contractual lawyers with a national practice headquartered in Chicago; the leading regulatory and reinsurance lawyers from Barger & Wolen in California and New York; a group specializing in marine, admiralty, and energy insurance in California; a former general counsel at a leading insurer; and disability insurance lawyers in Florida . . . and the list goes on.
|Our clients enjoy the Hinshaw advantage of vision and commitment.|
Professionals Who Know Insurance Law
The commitment of our legal professionals to insurance law does not start or stop when on the client's clock. To our lawyers, insurance law is a passion.
- Our lawyers contribute to leading treatises, handbooks, chapters, articles, and white papers on a wide-range of insurance and reinsurance topics.
- Our lawyers are members of and hold leadership positions in leading organizations such as the Defense Research Institute (DRI), the American Bar Association (ABA) (Sections on Litigation and Tort Trial & Insurance Practice), ARIAS US, the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), numerous state and local bar associations, Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters (CPCU), the International Association of Defense Counsel, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), and many others.
- Our lawyers chair, teach, and develop seminars, courses, and conferences on insurance, reinsurance, litigation practice, claims management and the business of insurance.
- Our lawyers are thought leaders advocating on behalf of our clients, identifying trends and emerging issues, and providing strategies to address the global challenges and opportunities our clients currently face and will be confronted with in the future.
- Our lawyers work on cutting edge issues, precedent-setting cases and creative transactions and have helped shape the law in areas of interest to our clients.
|Our clients enjoy the Hinshaw advantage of depth of knowledge and thought leadership.|
Responsive Service-Oriented Representation
Hinshaw lawyers understand providing high caliber, creative, resourceful professional advice, and first rate representation from seasoned litigators is critically important to our clients. We also appreciate the vital roles played by claims professionals, claims supervisors and managers, underwriters, senior management, and in-house counsel and understand how their talents, leadership, and knowledge contribute to a company's success. Accordingly, we pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with our clients and on working collaboratively with these professionals to achieve the best results. We understand our clients' business goals, operations, programs, and portfolio interests. We value the importance of effective and timely communication. We strive to make the jobs of our client contacts easier, as well as to produce outstanding results on a cost-effective basis.
|Our clients enjoy the Hinshaw advantage of consistent, responsive, client-oriented service.|