Daniel Wiesch has a diverse litigation practice with emphasis on the defense of medical malpractice claims. He also has experience litigating a broad range of cases including commercial litigation matters, employment disputes, products liability claims, construction defect claims and nursing home liability claims.
He handles all phases of litigation, from pre-suit investigation to pretrial preparation, motion practice and settlements.
Mr. Wiesch has a successful trial record, having obtained defense verdicts in more than 10 jury trials as lead counsel, and assisting as second chair counsel on several others. He has successfully resolved a number of claims through arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Wiesch joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 2008. Previously he was an associate at Fuchs & Roselli in Chicago.
Mr. Wiesch began his legal career at O'Hagan, Smith & Amundsen, where he was an associate from 2002 to 2004. In 2004 he moved to Cassiday Schade L.L.P and spent three years in the firm's Libertyville, Illinois office.
During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Wiesch spent the fall of 1995 studying in Moscow, Russia, at Moscow State Linguistics University.
- Illinois State Bar Association
A sampling of matters Mr. Wiesch has handled on behalf of his clients includes:
- Representation of a manufacturer of lift equipment in products liability suits in California, Illinois, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Utah alleging defects in design, manufacturing and labeling.
- Representation of doctors, hospitals and nurses in medical malpractice suits in Illinois and Wisconsin through all phases of litigation.
- Representation of general and subcontractors in suits arising out of workplace injuries.
- Representation of employers in defense of claims alleging work place discrimination.
- Successfully defended a hospital in a products liability suit involving an electrocautery device.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice in a suit brought against a physician for an alleged HIPAA violation.
- Representation of a national real estate franchise in claim alleging injury as a result of mold exposure.
- Successful defense of an employer in a negligent hiring and supervision suit.
- Representation of a nursing home in a suit alleging violation of the Illinois Nursing Home Care Act.
J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2001
B.A., Philosophy and Slavic Languages and Literature, Northwestern University, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois