At Hinshaw, we help clients in the aviation, ground, railroad and water transportation industries prosper by providing the legal counsel needed to effectively meet their legal challenges. Our transportation, corporate and business, environmental, government, insurance, labor and employment and real estate attorneys provide both aggressive representation in the full spectrum of transportation-related litigation and offer sophisticated counsel on corporate and regulatory matters.
Dispute Resolution Services
Transportation businesses know all too well that litigation is unfortunately an ever-present threat. Having earned a national reputation for our dispute resolution skills, we are experienced in handling complex, large and more common business- and transportation-related cases. Specifically, we help our clients in resolving claims concerning:
- Employment and labor law
- Environmental law
- Personal injuries and property damages
From negotiating contracts with sellers to bargaining with unions, businesses in the transportation industry have broad and unique transactional needs. At Hinshaw, we assist with the full range of these activities.
Among other activities, we have helped our clients prosper by counseling on matters such as:
- Asset purchases, including negotiating and structuring contracts
- Construction and financing of facilities
- Financial planning
- Insurance-related topics such as selection of insurance, and drafting and reviewing insurance policies
- Labor and employment law matters such as collective bargaining and employer’s liability
- Protecting business and financial interests in bankruptcy situations
- Purchases of real estate
- Tax matters
Subject to unique laws and regulations, transportation companies must be ever-vigilant about complying with current laws and keeping abreast of new regulations, statutes and trends. Hinshaw can help.
We offer our transportation clients competitive advantages, including:
- Assistance with environmental regulatory compliance issues
- Counseling on compliance with safety laws and regulations
- Representation before regulatory agencies
- Publications authored by us which address industry trends and detail new case law regulations and statutes
Selecting the proper business structure, maintaining adequate policies and procedures, and responding smartly to growth opportunities is crucial for a business to thrive in the hypercompetitive transportation industry.
With this in mind, we advise air, ground, rail and water transportation clients on:
- Corporate organization and governance issues concerning properly structuring businesses, mergers and acquisitions, railroads, risk management, and taxes
- Labor and employment law matters such as affirmative action, drafting and revising employment handbooks and procedures, and proactive counseling and advising management in employment and labor matters
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures