100 East Wisconsin Avenue
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP’s Milwaukee office combines deep and longstanding local roots with the resources and reach of a nationwide firm.
The history of what is now the Milwaukee office began with the opening of Benninger, Hayes & Kluwin in 1931. Name partner John Benninger owned the original Milwaukee Brewers AAA baseball club. In the 1950s, the firm underwent a number of personnel changes and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hankin & Hayes. More than 20 years ago, in 1988, the firm merged with Chicago-based Hinshaw & Culbertson and became Kluwin, Dunphy, Hinshaw & Culbertson.
Throughout our history, we have represented Milwaukee and Badger-State businesses and public entities with home-grown talent. All of the lawyers in the Milwaukee office graduated from Marquette or the University of Wisconsin. More than one-third have been recognized by their peers on the Rising Stars
or Super Lawyers
lists. Our lawyers have served the community as prosecutors in the District Attorney’s Office, as elected officials, and as members of the boards of numerous local nonprofits and foundations.
We use our legal expertise and local knowledge to defend a wide array of clients, including those in the aviation industry, legal, medical and design professionals accused of malpractice, and manufacturers who have been sued for allegedly defective products.