Yashekia Simpkins to Present at NBI Special Education Law Seminar
Yashekia Simpkins – a Rockford-based education law attorney at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP – will present at the National Business Institute (NBI) Illinois Special Education Law live seminar October 6, 2017, 9:30 – 10:30 am CDT at Cliffbreakers Riverside Hotel & Conference Center in Rockford, IL.
Simpkins' presentation titled "Section 504 Plan Documentation: What You Need to Know" will provide a review of Section 504; how to determine when an evaluation is necessary; information required to document a disability; Americans with Disabilities Act and 504 Plan eligibility; and proper notice of evaluation and placement.
Other topics covered at the conference include:
- Establishing the Framework of Special Education Law
- Requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Successfully Handling Disciplinary Actions for Special Needs Students
- Ensuring Successful Due Process Procedures
- Protecting the Rights of Children with Special Needs
For more information and to register visit the NBI website