2011 LMRM Conference Panel: What You Need to Know About Lawyers' Liability Under the Federal and State Securities Laws
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP attorney, David M. Schultz, will be a featured moderator at the 2011 Legal Malpractice & Risk Management Conference (LMRM). The conference will take place February 16 - 18, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois, at the Westin River North Hotel. Mr. Schultz will be moderating the topic, "What You Need to Know About Lawyers' Liability Under the Federal and State Securities Laws," from 10:20 to 11:15 a.m. on Wednesday, February 16, 2011.
During the last few years, there have been significant judicial decisions concerning lawyers' under the federal securities laws. This panel will examine decisions from the United States Supreme Court, circuit courts and other courts that have refined the areas of exposure. The panel will discuss risk minimization approaches for law firms participating in securities offerings.
The panel is part of the Legal Malpractice Series of Sessions of the LMRM Conference.
Legal Malpractice Sessions
- Trends in Legal Malpractice: A 30-Year Retrospective and An Introduction to the 2011 LMRM
- Settle and Sue: Is Legal Malpractice a Remedy for An Inappropriate Settlement or for the Settlement That Did Not Happen?
- What You Need to Know About Lawyers' Liability Under the Federal and State Securities Laws
- Establishing a Fiduciary Breach
- Using Pretrial Remedies – Anti-SLAPP Statutes, and Other Evidentiary Early Disposition Motions
- Significant Developments in Litigating Legal Malpractice Claims
- Insurance Law
- Stump the Panel
To register for the Legal Malpractice Sessions, the Risk Management Sessions, or for the entire 2011 LMRM Conference, please visit the LMRM website at www.LMRM.com.