Legal Process Outsourcing
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP attorney, Anthony E. Davis, will be a featured speaker at the International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC) Summit "Legal Process Outsourcing." Mr. Davis will be speaking on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 from 8:45 to 9:30 a.m. on the topic, "Important Ethical Considerations When Deciding to Outsource." The ABA and various state bars have issued opinions on ethical issues related to outsourcing, but many ethical issues remain unresolved. Companies and firms entering into outsourcing agreements need to be sure that they are in compliance with ethical rules including those governing confidentiality, conflicts, disclosure to clients, billing practices, and the unauthorized practice of law. This presentation will help attendees to:
- Understand the scope of required conflict checks in an outsourcing arrangement
- Address the scope and content of required confidentiality agreements and their limitations
- Perform due diligence to ensure that the work performed and those performing the work to comply with applicable rules of professional conduct and other laws and regulations
Conference Topics Include:
- How the Dodd-Frank Act will affect you
- Sanctions and judicially imposed penalties
- Lessons learned from headline disasters
- Capturing and storing ESI from tweets, diggs, squawks and TXTs
- Finding money-saving solutions
CLE credit will be available for this conference.
Cost to attend this conference is $1,599 for In House Counsel and $2,199 for all others.
For more information or to register for this conference, please visit the IQPC Legal website or download the Legal Process Outsourcing brochure.