Lunch and Learn Series: The Medical Practice Check-up: Examining Your Practice to Prevent or Diagnose Common Legal Problems
When was the last time your medical practice had a checkup? With the health of your patients always your top priority, it’s easy to let the health of your business slide. Join Angela Rust of Hinshaw’s Health Care group as she discusses the importance of periodically reviewing how the legal aspects of your practice are furthering your business objectives, or putting them at risk. Learn what questions you should be asking, such as:
- Do you have the right privacy policies and business associate agreements in place? Are you making the reports, holding the trainings, and otherwise complying with the terms of these policies and agreements?
- Are your governance documents consistent with recent business developments and your future strategic and succession plans?
- Do your providers understand what safe-harbors, exceptions, or other regulatory strategies you are using to comply with Stark and Anti-kickback laws? Are your business practices consistent with those approaches?
- Have your employment agreements been updated to reflect changes in the law with respect to restrictive covenants, the business practices of your organization, etc.?
- How do your payer contracts position you for the future?
This presentation will draw upon the real-life experiences of medical practices like yours to help you identify preventative measures you can take now to avoid common (and costly) legal mistakes.
Who Should Attend
Practice Administrators/Managers, Executives, Human Resource Professionals, In-house Counsel, Physician Leadership, and others involved in the management of physician practices
Date & Location
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 Noon to 1:15 pm
Lunch will be served
Hinshaw's Milwaukee Office
100 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Space is limited and registration is required. Please click here to register.
Continuing Education Credit
Attorneys may earn CLE credit. Applications pending.
Contact Hannah Lopas at 414-225-4813 or email@example.com