Hinshaw Attorneys to Present on Solid Business Contracts That Reduce Disputes
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP attorney Angie M. Fletcher will present the National Business Institute's webinar, "Ultimate Guide to Business Contracts" from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM on Wednesday, July 30, 2014. The program is designed for attorneys and paralegals who draft or assist in drafting business contracts. The group's presentation will discuss how drafting business contracts is a core ability for every business attorney, but how there always seems to be a contract dispute lurking around the corner.
The program also will focus on the client's standpoint. Some clients don't understand the importance of having his/her attorney draft a deal-specific contract, and instead opt to use a standard contract which can lead to a host of potential problems. This course will address how to quickly gather the vital information needed to draft a strong, deal-specific contract while working within a client's timeframe and budget.
Other information that will be discussed include how to:
- Draft provisions that detail performance specifics that leave no gray areas.
- Learn powerful contract negotiation and re-negotiation strategies.
- Tailor dispute resolution provisions that fit your client's needs.
- Explore the most common types of business contracts and learn tips that will improve your drafting skills.
- Ensure that you are maintaining an ethical practice when dealing with contracts.
Continuing Education Credit is available.
For more information or to register for this program, please visit NBI's website.