We are proud to say that our firm has been recognized by prominent organizations for our diversity and inclusion efforts. This year, the firm received the following recognition:
- The American Lawyer ranked Hinshaw 68th on its annual Diversity Scorecard, an annual ranking of large law firms based on the percentage of minority attorneys and partners within a firm.
- Law360: Hinshaw was ranked 80th on the list of "Top 100 Firms for Minority Attorneys."
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation's (HRC's) Corporate Equality Index (CEI):For the eighth year in a row (2010–2017), Hinshaw was awarded a 100% rating, recognizing our commitment to diversity through promoting and protecting gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender rights. Hinshaw's 100% rating marks it as one of HRC's "Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality."
In 2015, the firm received the following recognition:
- Law360: Hinshaw was ranked ranked 20th on the list of the "Top 25 Firms for Black Attorneys," ranked 44th on the list of "Top 100 Firms for Female Attorneys," and 56th on the list of "Top 100 Firms for Minority Attorneys."
In 2013, the firm received the following awards:
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division's 2013 Diversity Award: An award which recognizes the entity that demonstrates the highest morality and respect for all persons and diversity, for efforts and allegiance to creating diversity and promoting a more diverse workplace.
- 2013 Diversity Award from the Indian-American Bar Association of Chicago
In 2012, the firm was recognized for the following awards and rankings:
- Defense Research Institute's (DRI's) Law Firm Diversity Award: An award that recognizes one DRI member law firm that has achieved outstanding diversity goals. Hinshaw was selected for having achieved significant success in the area of law department management, demonstrated a commitment to increase diversity within and outside its legal departments, and made significant civic contributions. Criteria for selection included: demonstrated commitment to diversity as evidenced by a formal diversity plan committed to achievement, and sensitivity and receptivity of diversity issues including promotion of minority and women attorneys.
- "Setting the Bar" Award: An award given by Equality Illinois for being "a leading law firm for LGBTQ Equality."
- New York County Lawyers Association: Hinshaw was honored as a "law firm that has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to LGBTQ equality" at the NYCLA's 98th Annual Dinner.
- Chicago Lawyer ranking: Hinshaw had the second highest percentage of female attorneys who were partners, and was tied for third highest percentage of minority attorneys who were partners.
- The American Lawyer ranking: Hinshaw was ranked 75th on its Diversity Scorecard.
Other mentions in the last several years include:
- MultiCultural Law magazine ranking: Hinshaw was ranked 40th nationwide in overall diversity in its annual "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity." Hinshaw also ranked 40th on the magazine's "Top 50 Law Firms for Partners" list; 12th in its "Top 50 Law Firms for Associates" list; 61st in its "Top 100 Law Firms for Women" list; 20th in its "Top 25 Law Firms for African-Americans" list; and 20th in its "Top 25 Law Firms for Hispanic-Americans" list.
- Minority Law Journal: The 2010 Diversity Scorecard ranked Hinshaw 95th among the 249 largest and highest grossing law firms.
- Daily Business Review: Lists Hinshaw as a law firm in South Florida that has experienced the highest percentage increase in minority attorney employment over the previous five years. The Diversity Scorecard also lists Hinshaw among the top 10 firms in the categories of "Firms With the Most Black Attorneys," and "Firms With the Most Women Attorneys."
In the last year, diverse members of the firm have received the following designations:
- Michele A. Vargas was named to Diversity MBA's 2016 list of "Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Emerging Leaders" in July 2016.
- Cheryl Wilke was selected as a recipient of SFBJ's 2016 Power Leaders in Law & Accounting in May 2016.
- Sergio Acosta received the Aguila Award from the HLAI, May 2016.
- David J. Alfini was selected for the 2016 Fellows Program of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), February 2016.
- Elizabeth S. Baker was honored as one of "50 Years, 50 Voices" in the Miami, Florida area, October 2015.
Other mentions in the last few years include:
- Daniel A. Trevino received the "Top Lawyers Under 40" Award for 2015 by the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), February 2015.
- Jenny H. Wang was selected for the 2015 Fellows Program of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), February 2015.
- Elizabeth S. Baker received The Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award for the 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, January 2015.
- Barbara Fernandez was named as one of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida, October 2014.
- Barbara Fernandez was named as one of Diversity MBA Magazine's Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders, July 2014.
- Cheryl Wilke was named by South Florida Business Journal (SFBJ) as an influential businesswoman in July 2014. The title of influential businesswoman is reserved for those who have earned the trust of clients and colleagues through a firm establishment of one's practice and commitment. Previously, Ms. Wilke was selected as a recipient of SFBJ's 2014 Power Leaders in Law & Accounting in May 2014, and was also recognized with the 2014 International Law Office (ILO) and Lexology Client Choice Awards—USA & Canada—for Employment & Labor in Florida, April 2014.
- Elizabeth S. Bakerwas recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as a "Florida Legal Elite," one of the top 1.8 percent of Florida's 56,000 lawyers, July 2014.
- In 2013, Diane E. Webster was selected by her peers and named by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer Magazine as one of the top "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch."
- In 2013, Barbara Fernandez was selected as one of the Daily Business Review's "Rising Stars," which recognizes South Florida lawyers aged 40 and under who have made a significant impact at their law firms on behalf of their clients and respective communities.
- In 2012, Wendy Wen Yun Chang was appointed moderator of the "Conversation with Justice Sonia Sotomayor" at the 2012 National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) annual convention.
- In 2012, Barbara Fernandez was included in the South Florida Business Journal's 40 Under 40.
- In 2012, Diane E. Webster was named to Diversity MBA Magazine's "2012 Top 100 Under 50 Diverse Executive & Emerging Leaders" list.
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity Committee
- Hinshaw Affinity Networks
- Diversity Recognition
- Leaders in Professional Organizations
- Diversity & Inclusion Events