Matthew Dietz represents management in business litigation, with a particular emphasis in employment matters. He handles claims of employment discrimination, wage and hour claims, contract disputes, class actions and claims made under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA). Mr. Dietz's counsel on behalf of employers is informed by his personal experience as the founder and general counsel of his own business. He has created both long- and short-term business and marketing strategies, and manages all legal matters involving corporate organization and regulatory issues, financial/capital raising, employee and independent contractor relationships, technology and intellectual property, and market partnerships and affiliations with various education institutions.
Mr. Dietz is a founder at Air Tutors LLC, which provides personalized tutoring experiences to students through on-demand technology and highly educated tutors. Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Mr. Dietz was an associate in the Employment & Labor Practice Group at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Successfully defended client sued for breach of contract, quasi-contract and California Labor Code violations at arbitration.
- Summary judgment granted in an age discrimination and breach of contract action.
- Summary judgment granted on claim of whistleblower retaliation.
- Summary adjudication granted in favor of client on claims of fraud and negligent misrepresentation.
Matthew enjoys swimming and golfing, and is an avid soccer and basketball fan.
- Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network