Timothy O’Brien has more than 20 years of Illinois government experience. He concentrates his practice on legislative, regulatory and administrative law issues.
Mr. O'Brien represents hospitals, long-term care facilities and health care clients in regulatory, reimbursement, and legal strategic matters.
Mr. O’Brien is a partner in the firm of Fletcher, O’Brien, Kasper & Nottage, P.C., which became of counsel to Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in 1997. He has served as Medicaid Director and General Counsel for the Illinois Department of Public Aid, Chief Counsel for the Illinois Department of Public Health, as Deputy Inspector General for the Governor, and as a Commander for the Illinois Department of State Police, Division of Criminal Investigation.
Mr. O'Brien has also served as an Assistant State’s Attorney for the Cook County State ’s Attorney’s office.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American College of Health Care Executives
- American Health Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in the categories of Health Law and Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative Law
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability