Thomas Boswell’s practice emphasizes tort and general civil litigation, including commercial litigation. Mr. Boswell has tried cases and handled appeals involving general liability, insurance coverage, bad faith, professional liability and commercial disputes.
In addition, since 2002 Mr. Boswell has been certified through the Center for Analysis of Alternative Dispute Resolution Systems as a mediator. He is certified to mediate in the Western Division of the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, and in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of the State of Illinois.
Mr. Boswell joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in November 1987.
Following his graduation from West Point, Mr. Boswell served in the U.S. Army from 1972 to 1977. He resigned his commission with the rank of Captain.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in the categories of, Personal Injury Defense Law: General, Products Liability Defense Law and Professional Malpractice Defense Law: Legal/Technical/Financial
- AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
Mr. Boswell has presented lectures on product liability, defense of chronic pain claims, and developments in public school liability, municipal liability and professional liability. His presentations include “Answering an ARDC Complaint,” for the Winnebago County Bar Association, in Rockford, Illinois, April 2008.
J.D., Southern Illinois University College of Law, 1980
B.S., U.S. Military Academy - West Point, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois