Cortney Sedighi focuses her practice in the areas of consumer financial litigation and commercial litigation, representing clients in both state and federal court. She regularly represents financial institutions in the defense of foreclosure matters and works with clients in a wide range of complex business cases ranging from partnership disputes to breach of contract claims. She is involved in all phases of the litigation process and works closely with her clients, counseling and advising them on the development of litigation strategies.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 2014, Ms. Sedighi was an attorney with a law group in Jacksonville, Florida, where she focused her practice in foreclosure defense litigation. Ms. Sedighi began her career as a commercial litigation associate at a firm in her hometown of Dallas, Texas.
- The Florida Bar Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Serving Committee Member (2015-2017)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association Mentorship Program, Member (2015-present)
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association, Member (2014-present)
- The Jacksonville Bar Association, Member (2014-present)
- The Jacksonville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Member (2014-present)
- State Bar of Florida, Member (2014-present)
- State Bar of Texas, Member (2011-present)
- Dallas Bar Association, Member (2011-present)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member (2011-present)
- Lead counsel in negotiation of early settlements for defendants in various commercial disputes.
- Drafting and negotiation of complex contracts, settlement agreements and engagement agreements.
- June 30, 2016
- December 15, 2015
- August 24, 2015
- March 23, 2015
- December 22, 2014
Ms. Sedighi was born and raised in the great state of Texas. In attending The University of Texas at Austin for her undergraduate degree, she became a devoted Longhorn fan. Ms. Sedighi recently moved to Jacksonville, Florida in 2013, and enjoys traveling and yoga in her free time.
- Texas High School Mock Trial Competition Judge, 2012
- IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, 2011
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2011
B.A., Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas