Russell Reed has a wide-ranging litigation practice that addresses medical malpractice, wrongful death, products liability and insurance coverage defense. He is also experienced in professional liability matters including errors and omissions claims.
His clients have included AIG, CNA, ISMIE, Great American, Hartford, Lexington, American Family, Acuity, GEICO and Country Companies.
Mr. Reed joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 1987. He is active in the Sangamon County Bar Association, having served as Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President and President.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Counsel
- American Business Club
- Defense Research Institute
- Central Illinois Adjustors Association
- Lincoln-Douglas Inn of Courts
- “Tort Reform” and “Avoiding Malpractice,” Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.
- “Not for Profit Directors & Officers Liability,” Illinois Society of Association Executives.
- “Medical Malpractice Litigation Crisis,” Southern Illinois University School of Medicine.
- “Medical Records,” Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel.
- "Child Dart-Out Cases," Tort Law Seminar, Illinois State Bar Association.
- "Opening Statements," Tort Law Seminar, Illinois State Bar Association.
- Camp COCO, a Southern Illinois University School of Medicine recreational program for children afflicted with leukemia and other forms of cancer and blood disease, Served on the Board of Directors
- Illini Country Club, Junior Golf , Chairman (2002–Present)
- Baseball and Soccer, Coach
J.D., Northern Illinois University, 1987
- Member, Dean's List
B.S., Illinois State University, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois