Ronald Pena practices in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on commercial litigation as well as the defense of transportation companies.
Mr. Pena joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in December 2002. Previously he was a member of another Miami law firm where he defended transportation companies, specifically in the trucking industry, in their commercial and general liability matters.
Mr. Pena is former co-leader of Hinshaw’s Hispanic Affinity Group.
Mr. Pena is a former adjunct professor at Florida International University where he taught courses at the School of Policy and Management. He served as the 2007 to 2008 President of the Dade County Defense Bar Association and is a member of the Association’s Steering Committee.
- Dade County Bar Association
- Board of Trustees Member
- Past President and Vice President
- American Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Dade County Eleventh Judicial Circuit Historical Society
- Defense Research Institute, Lawyers Professionalism and Ethics Committee Member
Honors & Awards
- Named as one of Florida Trend magazine’s “Florida Legal Elite” in the area of civil trial law, 2010. Florida Legal Elite is composed of the top 1.8 percent of all Florida lawyers
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Eleventh Judicial Circuit Historical Society, Founding Board Member
- Put Something Back Pro Bono Project, a joint program by the Dade County Bar Association and the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, Miami-Dade County, Member
- Dade County Historical Society, Dade County, Board Member
J.D., Nova Southeastern University, 1997
B.S., Florida International University, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida