Robert Tucker focuses his practice in the defense of claims of personal injury and property damage, including: automobile negligence, trucking accidents, premises liability, catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. His experience in personal injury law is substantial on both the defense and plaintiff sides, which gives Mr. Tucker a unique perspective on cases and is an asset he brings to the defense of his clients in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Mr. Tucker was the statewide managing attorney for the personal injury department in a Tampa, Florida based plaintiff's trial and class action firm. Earlier in his career and before relocating to Tampa, Florida, he worked as an associate attorney in South Florida, handling an array of insurance defense matters, including, but not limited to the defense of automobile negligence involving personal injury and wrongful death, and premises liability cases, involving injuries that occurred at restaurants, hotels, as well as other premises.
Mr. Tucker is also experienced in defending dental and medical malpractice, as well as commercial litigation. Specifically, Mr. Tucker defended a national finance company and corporations in state and federal individual and class-action litigation, with factual issues ranging from alleged wrongful reporting of inaccurate information to the major credit agencies, to harassment by the lender in its attempts to collect on delinquent accounts.
During law school, Mr. Tucker served a series of clerkships; two with Florida law firms, and one as a judicial clerk to the Honorable James W. Whatley, Florida Second District Court of Appeal located in Tampa, Florida.
- The Florida Bar, Member – 2008 – Present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
Rob enjoys playing basketball, golf, softball, surfing and spending time with his family.
Phi Delta Theta Chapter House Association, Inc., Board of Directors Member
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Westchase, Executive Committee Member
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Downtown Ft. Lauderdale, Executive Committee Member (2010)
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association Ft. Lauderdale/Chicago, Volunteer
J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2007
B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida at Gainesville, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida