Rafferty Taylor is a litigator who focuses her practice in the defense of matters involving product liability, commercial litigation, insurance and reinsurance coverage and defense, premises liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, e-discovery, data security and privacy law, and employment law. Ms. Taylor has extensive experience in successfully representing clients with a focus on multi-district litigation (MDL), class action litigation, and mass tort litigation.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 2015, Ms. Taylor was a partner at a Ft. Lauderdale, Florida defense litigation firm.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Taylor was a summer clerk for the Honorable Jonathan W. Feldman, U.S. District Court, Western District of New York.
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
Honors & Awards
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Ft. Lauderdale's Finest Honoree 2015
- Successfully secured summary judgment in federal court in multimillion dollar complex commercial reinsurance litigation.
- Litigated defense of a more than 7,000 case mass tort pharmaceutical litigation in state court on behalf of a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Litigated defense of multidistrict pharmaceutical litigation in federal court, including successfully securing summary judgment.
- Acted as coordinating counsel and discovery liaison counsel for global headquarters of European pharmaceutical company in consolidated state and federal proceedings involving a number of pharmaceutical products.
- Coordinated and managed numerous global productions, including various database productions.
- Successfully defeated class certification in federal court in a product liability case involving allegations of environmental contamination valued at more than $1 billion.
- Ann Storck Center Ambassador
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
J.D., University at Buffalo School of Law, 2005
- Note and Comment Editor, Buffalo Law Review
B.S., Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida