Peter Walsh is an experienced trial lawyer who has practiced and litigated for the past 33 years in a variety of juristictions across the country. His practice involves the representation and defense of professional malpractice claims for attorneys, real estate and insurance brokers, and medical practitioners. Mr. Walsh regularly defends and represents hospitals, managed care entities, other health care institutions, physicians, psychiatrists, chiropractors, nurses, dentists, therapists, and medical and allied health professionals of all types.
Mr. Walsh’s litigation practice also includes representation of large and small companies in commercial litigation, construction litigation, general tort defense, premises liability, products liability, railroad, trucking and other transportation related matters.
Mr. Walsh joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in May 1983 and became a Partner in 1994. He is a past co-leader of the firm’s Transportation Practice Group.
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by his peers as a Leading Lawyer in the categories of Personal Injury Defense Law: General, and Products Liability Defense Law from 2008–2014.
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine 2011–2014.
- Nominated by clients in 2011 as a BTI, "Client Service All-Star", for client service excellence, based on independent individual interviews of Corporate Counsel at Fortune 1000 and large companies.
Mr. Walsh represents professional liability clients in varying industries including medical, legal, insurance and real estate professionals. Mr. Walsh also represents construction contractors and design professionals, managed care entities, hospitals, retailers, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, insurers and individuals.
- Received the Alderman Eugene Schulter Community Service Award in 2007.
- In 2008, received the First Slice Volunteer of the Year Award for building and raising funds for a commercial kitchen operated by a non-profit organization which feeds 25,000 - 30,000 meals per year to homeless children in Chicago.
- Northside Basketball League, Founder and Director. Since 2007 through today, Mr. Walsh has served as the Director of the Northside Basketball League, working as a volunteer on behalf of 1,200 boys and girls in third through eighth grade from 35 schools throughout Chicago. The league incorporates athletic participation with community service to teach children valuable lessons and life skills.
- In his spare time, Peter enjoys playing the trumpet and other musical instruments, physical fitness training, and gardening.
J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1983
B.A., University of Notre Dame, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois