Mr. Nicolosi's practice is concentrated on providing services to individuals who own, operate, or manage closely held businesses and local governments. His counsel is sought in both the routine issues these organizations face as well as on strategic and special projects they seek to accomplish. In addition to actively serving business clients, nonprofits, and public entities across the country, Mr. Nicolosi co-chaired Hinshaw's Business Services Task Force and currently serves as the leader of its national Business Development Center. In this role, Mr. Nicolosi helps lead Hinshaw's delivery of quality solutions through high value and efficient processes. Mr. Nicolosi's decades of experience and his expertise in the law, finance, economics, and strategic planning provide clients with a unique perspective on how they can most effectively achieve their goals. The effectiveness of his technical expertise is supported by his collaborative and efficient way of working with clients and the other professionals on the client team. His advice is sought on a wide variety of issues including those involving governance, debt & equity planning, mergers & acquisitions, economic development, intergovernmental collaborations, public-private partnerships, facility planning, site selection initiatives, economic incentive procurement, and owner's agency services for capital projects.
Mr. Nicolosi is a seasoned commercial transaction and public entity attorney who joined Hinshaw in 2012 to help lead its initiative to more effectively and affordably serve businesses, nonprofits, and local governments. He regularly speaks and writes on financial topics, is a respectful and passionate advocate for his clients, and has a remarkable ability to help clients achieve their goals.
Mr. Nicolosi is a partner with Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP and President of Hinshaw Consulting, LLC. Previously he was the Managing Partner of Nicolosi & Associates (1990) and Founder / President of the Buckley Companies (1997).
Mr. Nicolosi began his legal career in his family’s law firm and built its affiliated real estate consulting business. In 1993, he founded Midwest Title & Surety Agency, Inc. (now known as Stewart Title Co. of Illinois), which he sold to Stewart Title Guarantee (NYSE:STG) in 1995 and remained on as its president and CEO until 1997.
- National League of Cities, Member
- CityFutures Panel on Public Finance, Past Vice-Chair
- Illinois Tax Increment Association, Member of the Board of Directors
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council, Member and Investor
- Illinois Municipal League’s Legislative Committee, Past Member
- Corporate Development, Business & Regulatory Strategy, Due Diligence & Integration Services
- Investment Banking Advisory
- Financial Restructuring and Business Strategy
- Site Selection, Economic Incentives, Logistics Strategy & Business Continuity Planning
- Site Selection, Economic Incentives Services and Owner’s Agent Services
- Monetization of Business Know-how, Corporate IP, and Launching a Managed Services Company
- Site Relocation
- New Business Launch & Operation Support
- Health and Wellness Program Design and Roll-out
- Business Strategy & Business Merger
- Financial Planning, Business Strategy & Restructuring
- Government Contract Protest & Appeal and Legislative Lobbying
- Feasibility Study and Financial Planning
- Franchise Strategy, Development & Planning
Creation of Private Equity Investment Fund
- Development of Regional Exposition Center
Development of $50M for Amateur Sports Tournament Facilities
Project Management & Facilitation
Intermodal Facility Evaluations & Negotiations
Master Planning, Entitlement Services, and Economic Contribution from a Local Government
TIF Financing for New World Headquarters
TIF Financing for new global headquarters on former Superfund Site
TIF Financing, Architectural and Construction Management
Commercial & Industrial Redevelopment
Real Estate Tax Shield, TIF Financing, Intergovernmental Collaboration
Law Enforcement Management
- Housing Policies
- Forensic Audit, Deal Structuring & Family-Business Buy-Out
Governance and Business Planning
Deal Structuring & Family-Business Buy-Out
- “Bundled Payments,” Hinshaw’s Annual Health Care Conference, Lisle, Illinois, November 2012.
- “Tough Times Require Creative Solutions,” Illinois Municipal League 2010 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, September 2010.
- “Surviving Tough Economic Times,” League of Wisconsin Municipalities 2009 Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, October 2009.
- “Negotiating with Developers,” Illinois Municipal League 2009 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, October 2009.
- “Getting the ‘Right’ Deal for your Community,” Illinois Municipal League 2009 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, October 2009.
Mr. Nicolosi has spoken at and is a published author for state and national organizations on the topics of deal structuring, economic development, real estate economics and legal issues. His publications include:
- “Illinois Jobs Recovery Law – Local Government Collaboration Leads to Quick Success,” Illinois Municipal Review, May 2011.
- “The ‘New Normal’ – Hot to Keep Investing in Local Capital Projects,” Illinois Municipal Review, November 2010.
- “Innovative Infrastructure Financing – A Guide to Comprehensive Financial Planning for Municipalities,” Public Management Magazine, December 2008.
- Chapter 14 in “Purchase of a Newly Constructed Home,” Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE), 2008.
- “A Guide to Comprehensive Financial Planning for Municipalities,” Illinois Municipal Review, July 2007.