Paul Estes has more than 30 years of experience in professional liability defense litigation. His practice involves medical malpractice, product liability and catastrophic injury cases.
He has successfully tried numerous complex medical malpractice cases to verdict throughout central Illinois.
Mr. Estes joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 1980. He formerly served as the partner-in-charge of the Peoria office, and has also worked in the Chicago office during more then three decades of service with the firm.
Mr. Estes has served on the board and as Board Chairman of Peoria's Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing.
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in "The Best Lawyers in America®" since 2018 for Medical Malpractice
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in the category of Personal Injury Defense Law in the areas Professional Malpractice and Products Liability
- Holds the AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine (2005)
- Fellow of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers
Mr. Estes regularly speaks to professional organizations on the topics of malpractice and general litigation. Examples of his presentations include:
- ISMIS Risk Management Seminar, Illinois, 2003.
- "Risk Reduction," Central Illinois Chiropractic Association Annual Meetings, 2001 and 2002.
- "Introduction to Medical Malpractice Law in Illinois," OSF Healthcare Trauma Seminar, November 1991.
- "Malpractice Deterrence," Sara Bush Lincoln Health Center, June 1991.
- "Risk Reduction and Public Relationship," Sara Bush Lincoln Health Center, April 1991.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1980
B.A., with high honors, Eastern Illinois University, 1977, Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois