Pamela Anselmo has dedicated two decades of her practice to commercial transactional law with particular emphasis in real estate transactions and real estate development. Ms. Anselmo's clients have included real estate developers, franchisees, real estate investment trusts and retail business operators and owners, and her experience includes residential subdivision projects, single tenant built-to-suit structures for regional and national retail and food services clients, regional and local shopping center sales and acquisitions, lease transactions and financing transactions from the borrower side. She is well-versed in commercial condominium regimes, Planned Urban Developments (PUDs) and the acquisition of property contaminated with hazardous substances.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 2014, Ms. Anselmo was a real estate and transaction attorney in the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida office of an international firm.
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Commercial Industrial Real Estate Brokers Association (CIREBA), Member
- Gold Coast Builders Association, Member
- Plam Beach County, Business Development Board, Member
- Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA), Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
A selection of her representative matters includes:
- Representation of high-profile New York-based investment firm in its $117 million all-cash purchase of an iconic Miami Beach resort hotel.
- Representation of a national bank in a 20-year, $5 million lease for a branch site in a shopping center in Pembroke Pines, Florida.
- Representation of purchaser of $12.7 million note, mortgage and loan documents from a national bank.
- Representation of borrowers in $51.5 million bank loan.
- Representation of purchaser in $8.4 million acquisition of a 404-room inn in Kissimmee, Florida.
- Representation of a bank in two loans with a combined value of $5.6 million secured by retail property located in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Representation of a national bank in the modification and restructure of a $2.475 million loan to a non-profit.
- Representation of a beverage company in the $2 million lease of a 25,500 square foot facility in Pensacola, Florida.
- Representation of the purchasers in an acquisition of a $2 million retail store in Daytona Beach Shores, Florida.
- Representation of the sellers in a $2 million sale of four acres of land for retail development in the city of Dania, Florida.
- Negotiation of the purchase and sale of numerous commercial fee estates and leasehold estates, ranging from pad site to shopping centers, in both Florida and Texas.
- Negotiation of lease agreements with national lenders for the acquisition or refinancing of numerous shopping centers, mixed-use projects and residential developments.
- Preparation of reciprocal easement agreements, covenants, conditions and use restriction agreements to be implemented, modified or cancelled.
- Preparation and analysis of mortgage and property due diligence for acquisition of 95 shopping center by a publicly traded real estate investment trust.
- Preparation of commercial and residential loan closings, including issuance of title insurance.
- Preparation of documentation for creation of or conversion to condominiums.
- Negotiation on behalf of landlords for the lease of existing building space and build-to-suit building space.
- Negotiation for the purchase of numerous commercial fee estates and leasehold estates, ranging from pad sites to shopping centers.
- Negotiation on behalf of both landlords and tenants for the lease of unimproved land, existing building space and build-to-suit building space.
- Negotiation of purchase money and refinancing loan agreements with national lenders for the acquisition or refinancing of numerous shopping centers, mixed-use projects and residential developments.
- Negotiation of suitable subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements and estoppel certificates on behalf of tenants.
- Review of environmental site assessment reports.
- Organization and structure of an in-house legal department for a real estate holding company owning, maintaining and leasing more than 200 commercial shopping centers in 18 states throughout the Southwest.
- Negotiation and enforcement of retail lease and sublease agreements with Fortune 500, multi-national and national companies.
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
- Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc.
- Gilda's Club of South Florida, a non-profit organization