Nicole Jagielski focuses her practice in labor and employment law. She represents employers in guidance on day-to-day employment issues, such as discrimination claims, wage and hour issues, employment contracts and disciplinary actions. She also has a significant immigration practice, with a particular emphasis on employment-based immigration and employer compliance with federal immigration laws.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in October 2015, Ms. Jagielski was a law clerk with the firm. During law school, Ms. Jagielski was one of only 25 interns for the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General, at Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora, Colorado. She also worked as a research assistant for Professor Richard A. Michael to provide annual updates for the Illinois Practice Series: Civil Procedure Before Trial.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Jagielski was a recipient of the Honors-at Entrance and the Sophie Sweinton scholarships. She volunteered for the Catholic Lawyers Guild and is a member of the Advocates Society.
During her undergraduate studies, Ms. Jagielski spent a semester in Sydney, Australia as part of the Macquarie University Global Leadership Program.
- September 20, 2016
- Department of Labor's Persuader Rule Convinces No One
- The Deadly 4-4 SCOTUS Split: What Happens in the Wake of Justice Scalia's Death
- All 'Jiggery-Pokery' Aside: Justice Scalia's Impact on Employment Law
- Tales of the FLSA: The case of the Complaining Manager Nicole E. Jagielski, Danielle A. Noble
- Federal Judge: Did Employer use Experience Requirement to "Weed Out" Older Workers? Maybe.
- The EEOC's Battlecry: Cracking down hard on Religious Discrimination
- NLRB's Marina Del Rey Decision Provides a Primer on Keeping Employees out of the Workplace After Hours
- You Down with OPT? DHS Proposes Longer Post-Graduate Work Authorization for STEM Graduates, with a Catch
- The Cat Fights Back: Seventh Circuit Discusses Cat's Paw Theory Post-Staub
Employment Law Observer
- Communications Volunteer for Remedies Renewing Lives in Rockford, Illinois
- Volunteer for Harmony, Hope and Healing in Chicago, Illinois (2012)
- Co-Chair of St. Norbert College’s Relay for Life in De Pere, Wisconsin (2009-2012)