Nicholas Corsano focuses his practice in consumer financial services and commercial litigation. He is involved in all phases of the litigation process, including appearing on behalf of his clients in both state and federal courts; taking and defending party and non-party depositions; and engaging in settlement negotiations and court ordered mediations. Mr. Corsano drafts all materials for litigation including pleadings, motions, discovery demands, interrogatories, subpoenas and settlement agreements.
In addition to his consumer finance practice, Mr. Corsano also has experience handling insurance coverage matters, general and professional liability defense and insurance subrogation and recovery.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in February 2015, Mr. Corsano was an associate for more than two years in the New York office of another firm headquared in Chicago. During law school, Mr. Corsano was a summer associate and law clerk in the New York office of a Los Angeles-based firm working on matters concerning Director and Officer Coverage as well as personal injury defense. He was also named a Verizon Fellow for a New Jersey legal services organization defending victims of domestic violence. Mr. Corsano was a member of the Public Interest Network, the Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, the Litigation Society and the International Law Society.
During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Corsano served as Team Captain of the University of Pennsylvania's men's swimming and diving team.
- LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York
- Networking and Social Events Committee, Chair
- New York County Bar Association
- Connecticut State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- UPenn Alumni Interview Committee, Member
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2012
- Verizon Fellow
B.A., English, University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York