Mollie Kugler focuses her practice in Insurance Services, with particular emphasis on the defense and litigation of insurance matters for insurance company clients. Ms. Townsend is involved in all phases of litigation, including discovery, drafting motions, and formulating litigation strategy plans. Ms. Kugler assists with product liability litigation, business litigation, and professional liability litigation.
Ms. Kugler began her legal career at a defense firm in Springfield, Illinois and later relocated to Milwaukee. Prior to joining Hinshaw, Ms. Kugler was an associate at an insurance litigation and defense firm in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. Ms. Kugler joined Hinshaw as an associate in 2015.
While in law school, Ms. Kugler served a number of internships and research assistant positions. She served as a legal intern for the Fordham Federal Litigation Clinic, a summer associate and law clerk at a New York City corporate and litigation firm, and a research assistant for Professor Jacqueline Nolan-Haley. In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Kugler was a board member of the Fordham Student Sponsored Fellowship and a member of the Fordham Law Review.
During her undergraduate studies, Ms. Kugler served as a Congressional Intern with the United States House of Representatives in Washington, D.C., and as a Presidential Intern in the White House Office of Presidential Correspondence.
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 2013-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2011-2015
- Central Illinois Women's Bar Association, Member, 2011-2014
- President, 2013-2014
- Secretary and Judicial Reception Chair, 2012-2013
- Scholarship Chair, 2011-2012
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Member, 2013-2014
- Lincoln-Douglas Chapter of America Inn of Courts, Barrister, 2012-2014
- Sangamon County Bar Association, Member, 2011-2014
- "Illinois Chapter," co-author, "Lobbying, PACs and Campaign Finance: 50 State Handbook," Thompson Reuters, 2014
Mollie is active in the Junior League of Milwaukee and several Georgetown organizations in Milwaukee. She enjoys traveling, running, watching Georgetown basketball, and spending time with family, friends and her dog.
Mollie has been active with the Junior League of Milwaukee since 2014. She currently serves as the Chair of the Donor Relations Committee. She is also active within the Georgetown Club of Wisconsin and serves as an alumni interviewer for the Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program. Mollie enjoys volunteering for various organizations in the Milwaukee area, both through and outside the Junior League of Milwaukee.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2011
- Member, Fordham Law Review
B.A., cum laude, Georgetown University, College of Arts and Sciences, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin