Melis Atalay focuses her practice in business litigation. She is involved in all areas of litigation, including motion practice, discovery, and mediation. Ms. Atalay brings her plaintiff's-side experience to the defense side of the matters she litigates.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in June 2016, Ms. Atalay was an attorney with a San Francisco plaintiff's firm.
While in law school, Ms. Atalay was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the UCSF-UC Hastings Medical Legal Partnership, and the Wiley W. Manual Pro Bono Legal Services Certificate for her services on behalf of low-income clients. She also was a teaching assistant for Legal Writing and Research and Moot Court.
Ms. Atalay is certified by the International Association of Privacy Professionals as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP).
- "B & B Hardware Increases the Significance of TTAB Proceedings," IP Section of "Inevitable Disclosures," State Bar of California, March 2015.
- "Finding the Proper Scope for Legislation to Combat Copyright Infringement on the Internet," 36 Hastings Comm. & Ent. L.J., November 2013.
J.D., University of California Hastings College of the Law, 2014
- Executive Managing Editor, Hastings Communications & Entertainment Law Journal
M.A., European Studies, Sabanci University in Istanbul, 2011
B.A., English, University of California at Berkeley, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California