Megan Zust focuses her practice primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and tort litigation, with particular emphasis in the restaurant, security and alarm, and transportation industries. She also practices in the area of toxic torts defense, as well as handling premises liability and product liability cases involving personal injury, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, property damage and commercial damages.
Ms. Zust has defended restaurants against premises liability and personal injury claims. She has defended alarm and security companies against catastrophic claims including property damage and wrongful death actions as well as counseled companies regarding contract matters. Ms. Zust is involved in the drafting and review of residential and commercial contracts, and the negotiation of commercial contracts for alarm companies.
In addition, Ms. Zust defends American trucking companies and other commercial motor vehicle companies in various personal injury and general liability suits. She represents numerous product manufacturers against claims of asbestos exposure, and has successfully defended multiple industrial product and equipment manufacturers and premises owners in numerous toxic tort personal injury claims.
She handles all aspects of litigation, including conducting depositions, working with expert witnesses, and trial.
Ms. Zust joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in August 2006. Previously she was a law clerk with the firm in 2004 and a summer associate in 2005.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, She was a member of the Dean’s List and moot court, and was the winner of her trial advocacy class mock trial.
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee, (2011–Present)
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- ALPFA Law Committee
Honors & Awards
- CALI Award, White Collar Crime
- August 28, 2012Alarm & Security Services Industry Alert
- Security Company’s Ambiguous Contractual Language May Create Duty to Protect Residents Against Third Party Criminal ActsAugust 16, 2012Alarm & Security Services Industry Alert
- January 20, 2011Hospital Liability Alert
J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2006
- Recipient, Lincoln Scholarship
B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- Member, Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois