Ms. Atkinson is an associate in the Los Angeles office with a focus on health, life and disability insurance litigation, coverage and bad faith disputes. Ms. Atkinson is involved in all phases of the litigation process before federal and state courts.
Ms. Atkinson’s clients include a number of the largest health plans and insurers in California and nationwide. She is frequently involved in litigation involving allegations of unfair competition, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, fraud and misrepresentation.
Ms. Atkinson joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 2014 as a result of the merger of Hinshaw and the Los Angeles-based firm of Barger & Wolen LLP.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Atkinson was a member of the St. Thomas More Law Honor Society and was one of 14 individuals selected for the Hobbs Trial Advocacy Program in the Spring of 2010.
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2011
- Note and Comment Editor, Loyola International and Comparative Law Review
B.A., summa cum laude, University of California at Santa Cruz, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California