Matthew Hevrin is a commercial litigator and transactional business lawyer. He focuses his practice primarily in banking and all areas of debt collection, including residential and commercial foreclosures, replevins, and general collection litigation. Mr. Hevrin also has substantial experience in the representation of creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Mr. Hevrin drafts complex loan documentation, handles residential and commercial real estate purchases and sales, represents condominium associations, and practices general corporate law. He has represented many national and state financial institutions, as well as many businesses in connection with all of their litigation, transactional and corporate needs.
Mr. Hevrin joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in November 2002. He is the Partner-in-Charge of the Rockford office.
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Prairie Hill School District, Board Member
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council, Board Member
Honors & Awards
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability
- "Wage Assignments, Wage Deductions and Support Orders," at Hinshaw's 2016 Breakfast Seminar Series, in Rockford, Illinois, September 2016.
- "Discipline and Discharge," Lorman Education Services' seminar, "Illinois State and Federal Personnel Laws," Rockford, Illinois, March 2005.
- September 20, 2016
- May 18, 2016Appointments Serve to Re-Generate and Add to Diversity of Firm Leadership
- May 18, 2016
J.D., cum laude, Northern Illinois University, 1998
B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana