Lisa Munch represents major healthcare organizations and healthcare professionals in professional liability defense and other litigation, as well as in transactional matters.
Ms. Munch has both jury and bench trial experience, and has also provided services to clients in mediation settings. She is a trained arbitrator and participates in Winnebago County’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program.
Ms. Munch joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in December 2003. Previously she practiced with Lord, Bissell & Brook, where she also focused her practice in medical malpractice defense. Prior to that, she was an Assistant State's Attorney in Winnebago County.
Before earning her law degree, Ms. Munch served in the United States Army, where she was a Military Police Officer and Investigator. While serving, she earned the Army Commendation Medal, Good Conduct Medal and the Military Police Commandant's Award for Outstanding Performance.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Munch was a member of the Dean's List and an associate judge for the Moot Court Society.
- Winnebago County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for ethics and legal ability
- Member of the Leading Lawyers Network, where she was selected by her peers as a Leading Lawyer in Health Law and Medical Malpractice Defense Law
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine (2009)
- “Medical Records Law,” Lorman Education Services, Rockford, Illinois, May 2009 and May 2008.
- “Advanced Directives,” OSF Law Day, Rockford, Illinois, May 2008.
- Rockford Health System Visiting Nurses Association, Board Member
- Local County Military Draft Board, Board Member
- Remedies (fka PHASE/WAVE) Board Member
- Remedies (fka PHASE/WAVE) Past Chair, (2007–2009)
- Trinity Daycare, Past Board Member
J.D., cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law, 1999
- Recipient, Outstanding Women Student Award, 1999
B.S., University of South Carolina, 1990
- Member, Dean's List
- Outstanding College Students of America
- Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois