Leigh Bonsall is a litigator who focuses her practice on commercial, professional liability and labor and employment litigation. She has experience defending legal malpractice, breach of contract, trade secret and business tort claims. Additionally, Ms. Bonsall has defended employers at the federal, state and administrative levels against claims involving harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Ms. Bonsall has also briefed and argued cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the Illinois Appellate Court.
Ms. Bonsall joined Hinshaw as an associate in September 2010. Previously she was a law clerk with the firm since 2009.
During law school, Ms. Bonsall was actively involved in Loyola's moot court program. She was on Loyola's moot court team of the year and received the best brief award. Since law school, Ms. Bonsall has stayed involved with Loyola's moot court program by volunteering as a coach and guest judge for moot court teams.
- Chicago Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine 2016 and 2017
Ms. Bonsall’s presentations include:
- "Systemic Discrimination in the Workplace," Hinshaw's Annual Labor & Employment Seminar, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, October 2012.
- "Legal Developments in Discrimination & Harassment," Hinshaw's Annual Labor & Employment Seminar, Hoffman Estates, October 2011.
- "Current FLSA Issues," DuPage Society for Human Resource Management, Lisle, Illinois, April 2011.
Ms. Bonsall is the author of a moot court brief, "2008 to 2009 National Health Law Moot Court Competition: Best Brief," which was published in Journal of Legal Medicine, 30 J.Legal Med. 467.
- September 3, 2013
- April 1, 2013
- December 3, 2012
- October 1, 2012
- September 4, 2012
- August 1, 2012
- July 2, 2012
- May 1, 2012
- April 2, 2012
- March 1, 2012
- February 2, 2012
- January 3, 2012
- December 1, 2011
- November 3, 2011
- October 4, 2011
- July 11, 2011
- June 1, 2011
- April 1, 2011
- March 23, 2011Employment Practices Special Alert
- March 4, 2011
- Chicago Lights, Volunteer Tutor
- Imerman Angels, Volunteer
- Lawyers in the Classroom program, sponsored by the Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago, Volunteer
J.D., Advocacy Certificate, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2010
- Contributor, Journal of Legal Medicine
B.A., University of Michigan, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois