Laurence Tooth focuses his practice in the area of insurance coverage. He counsels and represents clients in complex coverage litigation involving insurers' duties and obligations under various types of policies.
Prior to joining Hinshaw as an associate in August 2015, Mr. Tooth served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Mary L. Mikva, State of Illinois Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division.
During law school, Mr. Tooth worked as a law clerk at Spencer Stuart, a global executive search firm, in its Chicago and Amsterdam offices. He also became a certified mediator through the Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR) and externed at Mintel Group, a market research firm.
Prior to law school, Mr. Tooth was awarded a Fulbright scholarship to teach English at a high school in Germany.
- Chicago Bar Association, Member (2013 – present)
Honors & Awards
- Illana Diamond Rovner Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, 2012-2013
- CALI Awards for Excellence: Federal Courts, International Intellectual Property Law, Trademarks and Unfair Competition Law, IP & Technology Licensing, Legal Writing III
- Dean's Honor List
- Chicago-Kent Young Alumni Council
- American Civil Liberties Union, Next Generation Society
J.D., magna cum laude, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Moot Court Honor Society, 2012–2013
- Submissions Editor, Chicago-Kent College of Law Journal of Intellectual Property, 2012–2013
B.A., German Studies, with honors, Trinity College, 2007