Kaycee Hopwood focuses her practice primarily in tort litigation, including cases involving product liability, premises liability, automobile liability, toxic tort, indoor air quality, construction defect, and general liability matters.
Ms. Hopwood's clients range from small, privately held companies, to Fortune 500 companies. She is a member of the national defense team for one of the firm's largest self-insured clients, requiring pro hac vice representation throughout the country.
Ms. Hopwood joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in August 2006. Previously she was a law clerk with the firm since January 2006. While still in law school, Ms. Hopwood was a summer law clerk in 2004 and 2005 with Winters, Enright, Salzetta & O’Brien, in Chicago.
In addition to her other law school accomplishments, Ms. Hopwood received a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Corporations. She was a member of the Dean's List and a member of Phi Alpha Delta. During her undergraduate studies, Ms. Hopwood was a Presidential Scholar, a member of the Dean’s List and a recipient of the Hope Scholarship.
Admitted to practice in Illinois only.
- Author of “For It’s One, Two, Three Strikes, You’re Out . . .,” which was published in the Winter 2006 edition of The John Marshall Law Review.
- Morningside of Athens Assisted Living Home, Past Volunteer
- Diamond Challenge Softball Tournament (which benefited the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation) Volunteer
- Garnett Ridge, Past Volunteer Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity, Past Volunteer
- Special Olympics, Past Volunteer