Jeffrey Novell is a litigator who focuses his practice in the area of labor and employment law with particular emphasis on workers’ compensation defense and employment discrimination, wage/hour claims and EEOC claims. He has practiced before federal and state governmental agencies, enforcing labor and equal employment opportunity laws.
Mr. Novell’s clients include DaVita Dialysis, Emergency One, and Frozen Foods Express.
Mr. Novell joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in October 1999. Previously, he litigated against the Social Security Administration.
During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Novell was Treasurer of the Florida State University Pre-Law Society. He was the founding Treasurer for the Pre-Law Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity.
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Novell has been a lecturer on a variety of topics within the field of worker's compensation, and has been approved as an educator by the Florida Department of Financial Services in the field of Worker's Compensation Law & Policy. His presentations include:
- “Florida Workers’ Compensation Case Law Update – Parts 1 (How to Avoid or Minimize Claims) and 2 (Case Law Update),” HR Florida, Orlando, Florida, October 2007.
- “Limiting Your Liability in Today’s Litigious Times,” Suncoast Safety Council and Tampa Area Safety Council’s Worker’s Compensation seminar, Largo, Florida, May 2005.
- April 22, 2016Employment Practices Alert
- March 1, 2013
- September 4, 2012
- March 1, 2012
- January 3, 2012
- May 3, 2011
- Keystone Little League, Member of the Board of Directors and Volunteer Team Manager