Jeffrey Hoskins is a civil litigator who helps clients effectively resolve disputes involving a wide range of matters. Cases he has handled have involved bankruptcy matters, business and commercial disputes, contract law, creditors' rights, foreclosures, insurance coverage, landlord-tenant disputes, personal injuries, and real estate. His substantial plaintiffs'-side experience gives him a unique view in the defense of his clients. Mr. Hoskins also has assisted in representing parties on appeal and is a certified arbitrator for Illinois' 17th Judicial Circuit Court.
Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Mr. Hoskins was for more than eight years an associate with a Rockford, Illinois law firm, where he represented parties in general civil litigation.
While in law school, Mr. Hoskins, a dean's scholar, was a member of The John Marshall Law Review. He also was a Moot Court Board member, a semifinalist in the Fred F. Herzog Moot Court Competition — in which he took second best brief honors — and a member of the Trial Advocacy and Dispute Resolution Honors Council.
During law school Mr. Hoskins practiced as a 711 Law Clerk with the Felony Trial Division of the Cook County State's Attorney's Office in Chicago, where he gained substantial and valuable trial experience. He also clerked in the Traffic Division during his first year of law school.
Mr. Hoskins is a 2008 graduate of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Rockford program.
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Member (2006 – Present)
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Board of Directors and Treasurer (2015 – 2016)
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Board of Directors and Assistant Treasurer (2014 – 2015)
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star list, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2013 – 2015
- Recognized as an "Emerging Lawyer" by Leading Lawyers Magazine (2015)
- "Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress: Recovery is Foreseeable," 39 J. Marshall L. Rev. 1019 (2006)