Gino Galluzzo represents businesses and their owners, counseling them through their growing business needs. Mr. Galluzzo is experienced in corporate matters, real estate, secured lending, commercial law and governmental law. He regularly counsels clients through entity selection, partnership agreements, practical day-to-day business problem-solving, financing, acquisitions, contracts, business agreements and mergers.
Mr. Galluzzo advises and counsels clients in both the municipal and private sectors in the areas of public policy, economic analysis, public finance strategy, creative public and private collaborative projects and negotiations.
Mr. Galluzzo has extensive experience in real estate transactions and has successfully protested real estate tax assessments for commercial, industrial and rental properties. His substantial experience in municipal matters allows him to assist clients in site selection and in negotiating economic incentive agreements on behalf of private businesses. Mr. Galluzzo’s experience includes working with special assessments, tax increment finance, low-interest governmental loans and eminent domain matters.
Mr. Galluzzo joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in March 2012. Previously he was the Managing Partner at Nicolosi & Associates in Rockford, Illinois.
Since 2003, Mr. Galluzzo has been an Illinois-licensed real estate broker.
- Illinois Tax Increment Association, Executive Member
- Illinois Municipal League, Legislative Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Treasurers Association
He has spoken to many organizations. A selection of Mr. Galluzzo’s presentations includes:
- "Economic Development Tools for Municipalities," Illinois Municipal League 2014 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, September 2014.
- "Pre-Foreclosure Planning," Commercial Loans - Building Lender Protections From Start to Finish Seminar, live video conference, October 2012.
- "Best Practices and Budgeting Techniques for the New Normal," Illinois Municipal League 2011 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, September 2011.
- "Surviving Tough Economic Times," League of Wisconsin Municipalities 2010 Conference, Madison, Wisconsin, October 2010.
- "Thriving in Tough Times: How to Make a TIF Work in Today’s Economy," Illinois Tax Increment Association 2009 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, September 2009.
- "Surviving Tough Economic Times: Strategies & Solutions," Illinois Municipal Treasurers Association 2009 Annual Conference, Springfield, Illinois, June 2009.
- "Negotiating with Developers," Illinois Municipal League 2009 Annual Conference Roadshow, Springfield, Illinois, June 2009.
- Mr. Galluzzo is an author of Chapter 14 of “Purchase of a Newly Constructed Home,” published in 2008 by the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (IICLE).
- Loves Park Chamber of Commerce, Member of the Board of Directors